- 1 What can a Dropbox admin see?
- 2 Can Dropbox see what you upload?
- 3 Can Dropbox see my photos?
- 4 Are Dropbox uploads anonymous?
- 5 Is Dropbox safe for confidential files?
- 6 Can Dropbox folder members see each other?
- 7 Has Dropbox been hacked 2020?
- 8 Can I tell if a Dropbox file has been downloaded?
- 9 How do I hide my Dropbox activity?
- 10 Does Dropbox automatically upload photos?
- 11 Where is the best place to store photos?
- 12 Where are Dropbox photos stored?
- 13 Can a friend upload to my Dropbox?
- 14 Do you need a Dropbox account to view files?
- 15 How do I upload a file to someone else’s Dropbox?
What can a Dropbox admin see?
If you’re a team member, your admin may sign in to your account to do any of the following: View a team member’s folder structure. Share files and folders with others. View, open, and download files.
Can Dropbox see what you upload?
All files you store in Dropbox are private. Other people can’t see and open those files unless you purposely share links to files or share folders with others.
Can Dropbox see my photos?
You can also upload and access all your backed up photos to your mobile device using the Dropbox mobile app. Because your photos are stored in the cloud, you can access them from any device using Dropbox, no matter where you are.
Are Dropbox uploads anonymous?
Dbinbox is a third party open source service that enables anonymous uploads on Dropbox. What is meant by that is that you can use their web service afterwards – without signing in if you want – to upload files to your Dropbox account. Before you can do so, you need to link the service once to your Dropbox account.
Is Dropbox safe for confidential files?
Dropbox doesn’t provide for client-side encryption. Dropbox also doesn’t support the creation of your own private keys. However, Dropbox users are free to add their own encryption. The security of your data is our highest priority and all files stored on Dropbox servers are encrypted.
Can Dropbox folder members see each other?
Share a Dropbox folder with anyone Shared links are view-only, and by default anyone with the link can view and download its contents.
Has Dropbox been hacked 2020?
Today, HEROIC.com obtained and validated a data breach of over 68 million accounts associated with online cloud storage platform Dropbox. The 5GB database containing 68,680,741 accounts was stolen by hackers and later released to the dark web. According to Dropbox, the data is legitimate.
Can I tell if a Dropbox file has been downloaded?
This feature is only available to customers on Dropbox Professional, Business Advanced, and Enterprise plans. Traffic and insights let you track how files you’ve shared have been viewed or downloaded. You can confirm links and invitations have been received, and see how they’re used.
How do I hide my Dropbox activity?
How to disable viewer info for specific files or folders
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click All files in the left sidebar.
- Hover over the name of the file and click the share icon (person).
- Click the gear icon.
- Next to Viewer info, click to toggle Off.
- Click Save.
Does Dropbox automatically upload photos?
Dropbox actually has a feature that uploads all your photos automatically, as you take them. You can do this on both Android as well as iOS devices.
Where is the best place to store photos?
The best photo storage and sharing sites today
- Flickr. The best photo storage service overall.
- 500px. Photo storage for pro photographers.
- Google Photos. The best photo storage option for backing up photos from your smartphone.
- Amazon Prime Photos.
- Apple iCloud.
- Adobe Portfolio.
Where are Dropbox photos stored?
Can I choose which folder my photos upload to? By default, your photos will be uploaded to a folder in your Dropbox account named Camera Uploads. You can’t change this; however, you can move your photos to a different folder in your Dropbox account after they’ve been uploaded.
Can a friend upload to my Dropbox?
Dropbox’s New Requests Feature Lets Anyone Upload Files To Your Account. Through a simple interface on Dropbox.com/requests, you can specify what file or files you’re looking for, and you’re then provided a link you can distribute or you can select the option to have Dropbox send a request email on your behalf.
Do you need a Dropbox account to view files?
You don’t need a Dropbox account to view the files in a shared link, and you can download those files to your computer. Files that you download from a shared link won’t sync with Dropbox if you edit them. Can I upload files to Dropbox without a Dropbox account?
How do I upload a file to someone else’s Dropbox?
Solution 1. Share files/folder of your Dropbox account with another
- Go to Dropbox.com and log in to your Dropbox account.
- Click Files in the left column. Then, hover over the file or folder you’d like to share and click Share.
- Type the Email or name of the person (or people) you’d like to share with.
- Click Share.