- 1 Can OctoPrint use any webcam?
- 2 Can OctoPrint use two cameras?
- 3 What cameras work with octopi?
- 4 What camera can I use with OctoPrint?
- 5 How do I connect my USB camera to my Raspberry Pi?
- 6 How do I connect my Raspberry Pi camera cable?
- 7 How many cameras are OctoPrint?
- 8 How do I access my octopi local?
- 9 How do I change my camera settings on octopi?
- 10 Where is the octopi txt file?
- 11 How do you focus a Raspberry Pi v2 camera?
Can OctoPrint use any webcam?
You need a computing device to run OctoPrint (most people use a Raspberry Pi), which sends files right from your browser to your 3D printer. OctoPrint supports a wide variety of webcams that connect to your Raspberry Pi, including the standard or high-quality Raspberry Pi cam.
Can OctoPrint use two cameras?
Multiple webcams are possible with OctoPrint and there are a number of reasons to have multiple cams on your prints. I personally recommend an endoscopic camera as it gives you remarkable insight to why prints don’t adhere or why they fail.
What cameras work with octopi?
Most Logitech cameras are compatible with OctoPrint. One of the best (and most popular) for use with OctoPrint is the Logitech C920 —recommended for its high resolution, wide FOV, and built-in hardware encoding.
What camera can I use with OctoPrint?
The Best Webcams for Octoprint
- Raspberry Pi Camera Modules V2*
- Logitech C270*
- Sony Playstation 3 Eye*
- Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000*
- Logitech C920*
- Gucee (iRush) HD 92*
- Razer Kiyo*
- Mevo Plus*
How do I connect my USB camera to my Raspberry Pi?
Raspberry Pi Robotic Projects Install this by entering sudo apt-get install guvcview. Connect your USB camera and make sure your LAN cable is plugged in. Then, apply power to Raspberry Pi. After the system is booted, you can check to see if Raspberry Pi has found your USB camera.
How do I connect my Raspberry Pi camera cable?
First, plug the ribbon connector of the camera module into the connector on the Raspberry Pi. The white connector closer to the USB and Ethernet ports is the one for the camera. The other port, located on the other side of the single-board computer, is meant for connecting a display.
How many cameras are OctoPrint?
Support 2 cameras – Printoid for OctoPrint.
How do I access my octopi local?
After the Pi boots up, you should be able to access OctoPrint through your local network. Type in “http://octopi.local” (or the IP address assigned by your router to the Pi) on any browser.
How do I change my camera settings on octopi?
To access these settings:
- From the OctoPrint frontend click on the Wrench Icon.
- Select Webcam & Timelapse from the list on the left-hand side.
- If not already done check the box next to Enable Webcam Support.
- Select the proper aspect ratio for your webcam by checking the box next to either:
Where is the octopi txt file?
txt. You can access it in two ways: directly from the Pi: You can find the file at /boot/octopi. txt, just open it with your favorite text editor (e.g. nano ), adjust it and then reboot your Pi (since the changes will only take effect at boot time)
How do you focus a Raspberry Pi v2 camera?
To adjust focus, pinch the indentations with the pliers (gently), then give a small amount of torque (just enough to break the thin glue that sets factory focus). Turn back and forth in small increments while taking pictures to confirm the correct focus.