- 1 How do I get into the Axis camera?
- 2 How do you add a camera to Axis companion?
- 3 Is Axis Camera Companion free?
- 4 Do Axis cameras require a license?
- 5 What is the default IP address for Axis cameras?
- 6 What is default password for Axis camera?
- 7 What is Axis Avhs?
- 8 Which Axis NVR series has the built in PoE switch?
- 9 How do I use Axis IP utility?
- 10 How do I reset my Axis camera?
How do I get into the Axis camera?
To access your site from a remote location open up AXIS Camera Companion 2.0 and log in with the same MyAxis account as used on the local site. Select the remote site, type in the site password and press Enter. You should now be connected to the site. your cameras and router up manually.
How do you add a camera to Axis companion?
In AXIS Companion Windows client, go to and Cameras. 3. Click 4. Select the camera that you want to add to your site.
Is Axis Camera Companion free?
The free AXIS Camera Companion software client only needs to be used at installation. For viewing live or recorded video, or exporting video after an incident, either the client or a smartphone app can be used. With AXIS Camera Companion, all video is recorded on SD memory cards in the cameras.
Do Axis cameras require a license?
From AXIS Camera Station 5.0, each Axis device requires one AXIS Camera Station Core Device license. For third party cameras, one Universal Device license is required for each IP address. Some Axis network cameras contain more than one image sensor, they only require one device license.
What is the default IP address for Axis cameras?
The default IP address for the Axis cameras and video encoders is 192.168. 0.90. More information can be looked up here.
What is default password for Axis camera?
Axis: Traditionally root/pass, new Axis cameras require password creation during first login (note that root/pass may be used for ONVIF access, but logging into the camera requires root password creation) Basler: admin/admin.
What is Axis Avhs?
AXIS Video Hosting System (AVHS) is a unique solution where Axis’ Hosting Providers, together with Axis’ wide range of network cameras, enable a service provider to offer its customer a video monitor ing service over the Internet. This solution allows alarm monitoring centers to establish a recurring revenue stream.
Which Axis NVR series has the built in PoE switch?
AXIS Companion Recorder 8 CH is a compact network video recorder for up to eight Axis network cameras. It includes a built in PoE switch for easy installation. The device features a surveillance-grade hard disk and a fan-less design.
How do I use Axis IP utility?
Start AXIS IP Utility. When the camera appears in the window, right-click it and select “Assign new IP address” and enter the IP address. Click the “Assign” button and follow the instructions.
How do I reset my Axis camera?
Axis Factory Reset
- Disconnect the camera from the power supply and ethernet.
- Remove the four screws securing the rear cover and remove it.
- Keep the Control button pressed while you restore the power supply.
- Hold down the button for about 15 seconds until the status LED is yellow flashing.
- Release the Control Button.